Thursday, June 7, 2012

The End

* I wrote this yesterday 6.6.12, the day before returning to work.

Well, Lyla is now 12 weeks old and it's time for me to return to work.  It is bittersweet.  I feel more ready this time around.  I think working 4 days a week really helps with that.  I was pretty emotional when I went back after Irelyn was born and remember counting how many hours she would be at day care and how many she would be with me and worrying that she wouldn't know that I am her mommy.  Well she proved she definitely knows and clings to that knowledge at times ;).  I can also tell that Lyla knows who mommy is.  I will miss them dearly, but I look forward to getting "back to normal", working, and having adult conversations more often.
Today is my last day home so in honor of that and because timing wise it worked out we went to Lark Toys today.  The Grandmas accompanied the girls and me.  We had a great time.  Irelyn road the carousel 4 times.  The first 3 times she rode and a stationary cart on the carousel and it wasn't until the final time that she allowed us to put her on an animal (fish) that moved up and down.  Of course she loved it and didn't want to go.  We enjoyed playing in the toy store.  Irelyn showed off her amazing imagination making tea and hot dogs and who knows what else with the play toys.  I want the girls to have more wooden, timeless toys so we picked out a few things from the toy store as I promised to buy her one thing. Grandma Shari bought her some new things for her play kitchen as well. 
We enjoyed lunch and ice cream and headed back for home for naps.  On the hour car ride home Irelyn showed us all what fun, toys, and sugar will do to a 2 year old.  She was pretty funny singing, reading, and playing with a water can.
Again, it's bittersweet for this time to end and I can't believe Lyla has reached 12 weeks old. It helps knowing I will have my 1 day a week to continue to do these kinds of things with the girls and the grandmas in addition to the weekends.  If you can notice in any of the pictures Lyla got something special for her 12 week birthday as well ;).






No comments:

Post a Comment