Monday, April 8, 2013

My baby turned 1

My little Lyla is one year old already.  I still can't believe that.  In some ways it feels like she has been with us a long time and in other ways I feel like I just had her.  But, it also feels like a very long time ago that I was pregnant.  We have pretty much decided we feel are family is complete, but I already am starting to forget what it was like to carry those babies inside me.  I have a feeling I will struggle with this decision for quite some time. 
Anyway, Lyla's birthday was a made special with a day of fun planned.  She shares her birthday with my sister, Rachel.  Rachel and my mom were able to joing Lyla, Irelyn, and me on a fun trip to Lark toys in the morning.  Lyla is not a big fan of the carousel yet, but Irelyn LOVES it.  She now rides on her own without someone standing by her and without wanting to ride on the ones that don't move up and down.  Lyla enjoyed walking through the toy store and playing with toys.  I was going to buy her something for her birthday, but she didn't seem overly exited about anything so I just bought a rock :).  It grows crystals over time if you put it in vinegar so I think the kids will get a kick out of watching that and maybe learn something too.  We came home (after getting pulled over.  FYI having a sleeping baby, a toddler, and a grandma shoved in between 2 large car seats with kiddie music playing helps you get out of tickets!) and Lyla and Irelyn took lonp naps.  When they woke up we continued the tradition and went to Chuck E Cheese.  Both Grandparents joined us as well. 
On March 16 we had a party with family, her Godmommies, their kids, and a family of good friends.  We deemed this the Waffle Ruffle party.  I had the ruffle idea long ago and Irelyn came up with the waffle idea.  The cake was ruffled and my favorite cake ever!  So pretty!
Lyla is so adorable.  She dances on command and spins in a circle or stomps a foot, gets a hand going in the air.  Oh she melts my heart. 
She knows where tongue is and thinks it is hilarious to stick your tongue out.  She is starting to point to nose and ears when asked, but gets them mixed up some times.  She says meow meow really well for cats.  She says Mama, but calls lots of things mama.  Not too many words happening yet.
She is very attached to her mommy though and cries if I leave the room and does not go to Daddy very well if Mommy is around.
She is soo active.  People cannot believe how much and how well she walks.  She has great rhythm and joins in at dance class at the museum and dances in the waiting room at Irelyn's dance class.  I tries to climb everything she thinks she can.  And although she is my shorty, I have a feeling she may be my more athletic child.
She is 29 inches (50%) and 21 lbs and 15 oz (63%).  Still much smaller than Irelyn was at the same age and does not fit in to the same clothes. 
We are trying to keep her eating baby food containers as long as we can because let's face it we are just not the healthiest of cooks.  She likes to feed herself though, so we like the squeezy food containers and then find some real foods we can break up for her to it.  She currently will eat just about anything.  She switched to organic whole milk from formula with no issue.  Is also doing very well with using any kind of sippy cup. 
Takes mostly 2 naps a day, but sometimes will push through and take only 1 afternoon nap. 
Sleeps about 8:30-7 at night. 
Favorite toys include stuffed animals and the little rocking chair and little soft chair she got for her birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment