Monday, August 29, 2011

Bayfield- August 26-28, 2011

My sister moved to Three Lakes about 6 months ago.  We hadn't seen her for awhile and she suggested we come up to go "camping".  Well, if you know me, you know I don't really do "camping".  (However, I would possibly go camping if it was the right situation and I hope to some day when we have older kids). 
Anyway, she suggested we meet in Bayfield, WI because it is really beautiful.  She was right.  By default I was in charge of finding lodging.  I googled and found a wonderful rental cabin.  I was going by what the website said and pictures and I must say (and I think I speak for us all) it was awesome.  I did good. :). 





I was nervous for the 5 hour ride with a 1 1/2 year old.  This was the farthest she had ever been from home.  My mom rode with us and sat by her which was VERY helpful.  Irelyn did quite well.  She read, slept, sang songs, and snacked.  Actually the sleeping was minimal, which was kind of a bummer and unexpected, but oh well.  I went with a "go with the flow" attitude all weekend.
We spent the first night walking around the town, shopping, eating, and getting ice cream.  Then, back to the cabin to enjoy it! 



Our only full day there we rode the ferry (with the car) to Madeline Island. 


Spent the day on the beach and at Tom's Burned Down Cafe.  The water was a little cold, but clear and beautiful!





Then back to the cabin :).  Irelyn makes great entertainment for everybody. 

On Sunday we slept in a little (8AM!), checked out, and headed to the cute little park on the water. 



After that, Irelyn was starting to melt down and would not allow us to sit and eat at a restaurant (after 2 failed attempts).  We ordered food to go and sat and ate in the park.  We said goodbye to auntie Rachel and we left for home. Irelyn was sleeping within oh 3 minutes.  She again slept only 1 hour and 15 minutes in the car and was a little more difficult to keep entertained all the way back, but she found her feet and we made it :). 

Great time.  Great Place.  Great Family.
~Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment