Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ultrasound Eve

Well, tomorrow is the day planning gets kicked into high gear.  So far I have put most things off "till I know what we are having".  We find out tomorrow during our ultrasound.  I've said before I do not care what the gender is.  But....
It would be easier and cheaper to have a girl.  Since both babies will most likely be born in March all the girl clothing we have should be able to be used for this baby, unless of course this baby is not a little giant. :).  I also think it would be nice to have a girl so Irelyn and her would be really close (eventually) and- hopefully forever.  We also would not need to paint a room or decorate a whole other room.  But.......
A boy would be wonderful as well.  We already have a girl, so obviously having the other gender would be nice.  Joe would never admit it, but I think he wants a boy.  I think it would be nice to have a boy because I have always been surrounded by girls.  I am a girl (obviously), I have 1 sister and no brothers, most my friends are girls (obviously again), most of my cousins are girls, and I have a daughter. I think a lot of our friends and family would like to see us have a boy.  I keep hearing the "to carry on the family name."
Either way, I love the ultrasound! I love seeing the baby.  It makes things seem much more real!  Although this time around I have already been feeling the baby move and with Irelyn I had not yet when we had our ultrasound.  Feeling the baby is also one of the greatest things about pregnancy and makes it feel very real when in the beginning you aren't really showing and don't feel anything it is hard to "feel" pregnant.  At least it was for me.
And of course my biggest prayer is for a healthy baby! And if for some reason something is wrong I promise to do everything in my power to help this baby and love it just the same!

My belly is protruding more and more.  I told Joe when I was laying on my side the other day it was starting to pull and felt like it needed to be supported.  I said I shouldn't complain now, because this is just the beginning.  Then, I pointed out it actually is getting close to half way, but the second half is when when things get more uncomfortable.  His response- a blunt- "it's not that bad".  EXCUSE ME?? And you know this how?  When is the last time you gained and carried 30 extra pounds straight out in front of you?  Again I say- MEN!

Joe and I were reminiscing about how the only thing on at 3:00am when we were up feeding Irelyn when she was a newborn was infomercials. It was terribly boring and I dreaded the nighttime feedings. For the heck of it, I scrolled through the channels to see what was on at 3:00am tonight.  Seems like much more channels are staying on all night! Yeah for us!

PS: random note I want to have a record of.  Irelyn told us tonight she had to poop and ran to her potty.  I put her on but she wouldn't go.  She would however stand next to it and poop and the sit with her diaper still on.  She did this twice.  (apparently there was more left after the first push).  Sorry for the TMI :).

I have planned a little "gender reveal" party for our families tomorrow night and another little thing for my co-workers so I will let the "internet world" know Thursday night!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment