Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Irelyn's 18 Month Stats

This morning we went to the pediatrician for Irelyn's check up.  She did very well.  The doctor was impressed by her vocabulary.  She opened the book she gave her and pointed out a "goat".  She looked at me and said "did she just say goat?" "Why does she know the word goat?"  Why wouldn't she know the word goat?  She loves animals.   Later when we were at Target she pointed out a witch and I am not really sure how she knows that word. 
Playing ghost


Anyway, I knew her growing had slowed, but I thought she would have normalized a little on the charts.  Wrong.  She is now OFF the charts.  She weighs 30 lbs., which I knew.  And they measured her at 35 1/2 inches long.  I think this is wrong!  I didn't say much when we were there because it all happened kind of fast.  I did mention I couldn't believe that, but I think they thought I was just saying that.  I really don't believe it.  I measured her when we got home at a little over 33 inches.  I know she is a very tall girl, but she is not 3 feet tall.  I have measured her at the Children's Museum and the Apple Orchard.  Here is a picture from last weekend and she has shoes on!  They also measured her wrong at birth.  Why is my daughter's height so hard to do??


We had a fun day today.  Doctor, Target, checking out new phones, lunch at Fazoli's where Irelyn charmed the lady working there.  She kept coming back to our table to talk to her and brought Irelyn a free big cookie (which she didn't eat).  We recently got back from a fun little Bridal Shower/Going away party.  Irelyn had fun and learned how to jump on the bed from the 2 year olds. :)
Irelyn, Ellie, and Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment