Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Day in the Life...

As I said yesterday on Facebook..."If Irelyn was this good everyday, I'd have 10 kids.  It was a good day."

She cried maybe twice.  Not even when I took things away from her that she shouldn't have (the money from the piggy bank mainly) or stopped on activity before she was ready (playing with the faucet). 

I know this will be boring for some of you, but I wanted to document a whole day to read sometime down the road and look back on. As is the reason I write most these posts.  So it may be long and overly detailed and I don't mind if you don't read til the end....

A day in the life...
It's Wednesday, my day off. It started at about 6:40 AM when Irelyn woke up.  Joe got up to go shower.  I listened to Irelyn talk to herself for a little while and smiled before going in and getting her.  I changed her and then Joe came back to give her breakfast while I showered.  I was able to get mainly all ready before he left for work.  We then played or read books until 8:45.  I brought her car in from outside as it is way too hot to play outside (there is a heat advisory).

At 8:45 we left to run errands.  Kohl's was first.  I had a $10 coupon that had to be used in store.  I really couldn't find anything in the store that I wanted or needed, but it was 10 free dollars.  So, I ended up getting Irelyn a few clothes for the fall.  Next was Target.  I have had my eye on a lamp for her new room.  The last time we were in there they didn't have it.  It was back, but complex- they also had another one I liked.  It looked more like a chandelier. I ended up buying the purple one with ruffles, but still not sure if I will exchange it.  Maybe I will post both later and you all can help me decide.  But, I will also have to maybe show you a sneak peek of her future room.  It is almost done!  Besides moving the furniture from room to room, but that isn't necessary yet.  I also picked up chapstick and Irelyn picked out fish crackers.  We couldn't even get to the checkout before she needed to eat them :). 
It was 9:40 when we left.  Crap.  The mall is our next stop and its not open yet.  But, Barnes and Noble is.  We went and looked at books for awhile.  Irelyn has had a $5 gift card since Easter.  She clearly had a favorite book and it was $6.  Score.  It was of course a book with lots of pictures of animals.   Her favorite.  On to Gymboree to spend the Gymbucks.  I had $25, but you had to spend $50 or more to get $25 off.  I made the mistake of letting Irelyn out of the stroller.  Fail.  She ran all over, but thankfully stayed in the store.  She did finally settle on the little chairs atleast for a little while. The sales lady there is always so nice.  I had picked out my purchase which included a pair of jeans.  (Side note.  I can't believe baby jeans cost as much as adult jeans and they typically only wear them a few months. ) Anyway, the lady pointed out the jeans were buy one get one half off so I ended up with another pair of jeans along with 2 headbands, a tank top, and swim suit that I hope will fit next year. 
We left there and Irelyn needed her diaper changed.  Walked by the pretzel stand.  Free samples.  Another score.  Went in family changing room, after changing Irelyn, I go the bathroom.  Irelyn figures out how to open the door.  Another fail. 
On the way out, the DQ sign catches my eye.  To be fair, I haven't indulged in a Moolatte in awhile.  I stand there trying to decide, and finally give in to temptation.  The lady presents with my yummy French Vanilla Moolatte.  I realize it is smaller and cost less.  This still makes me very happy.  It is the perfect size!  Giant score.
Home for lunch.  Chicken tenders.  Irelyn doesn't eat well, but doesn't throw a fit and doesn't act hungry later (which is what really bothers me about her not eating) so I still consider lunch a partial success.  Side note- She has ate well since then. 
Play a little bit and then nap time.  Sleeps almost 2 hours.  Wakes up happy and we play/ read more.  Dad calls.  Wants meatballs for supper.  No BBQ sauce.  Irelyn and I run to the store for milk and BBQ sauce.  What a combo.  We need alot more than that, but I am not doing all that at the moment.
Home.  Put meatballs in crock pot.  More playing until dad comes home. 
A few friends and I had been planning to take the kids to the Onalaska pool for the night session all week.  Dad decides he would like to come as well.  Irelyn eats a PB&J sandwich.  Joe and I have to wait til after we get back for our meatballs. 
We had a great time at the pool.  It was still so hot even after the sun starts to set.  The water felt great.  Irelyn enjoys playing in the water and even goes down the little water slide once. I tried to go with her, but realized I really won't fit well, so I sent her down by herself and Nikki caught her at the bottom.  She is only slightly terrified :). 


Left pool about 8.  Home for bed.  Irelyn talks to herself for awhile as she is most likely still wound up from having fun at the pool.  She settles to sleep.  I am very tired.  Watch a little TV and check my facebook.  Read and then bed.  The good part of my book (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) seems to be over so I am now having a hard time finishing the rest.  Almost done.  Then on to Janet Evanich's Smokin Seventeen.

If you made it to the end of this- good for you!  I chose to write about a day off even though alot of days I do work. Those days are pretty much all the same.  About the same morning routine.  Irelyn goes across the street.  I work at the hospital, which I enjoy.  Joe works on computers all day (and night).  Pick Irelyn up.  Supper. Play. Bath. Bed.  With the occasional evening activity. 

I had today (Thursday, the day after the above day) off as well.  It consisted of Children's Museum and grocery shopping.  And a looong nap for both Irelyn and I. 

So there is your glimpse into our ever glamorous life!  It may not be everyone's idea of fun, but I wouldn't change it for the world!  Irelyn is the greatest joy in my life and I love every minute spent with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment