Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas

We had a very nice Christmas spent with family.  Irelyn got stuck on saying "Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas."  Correction, I should say she got stuck on yelling that. 
We spent Christmas Eve as we normally do in Westby with my Grandma and my dad's side of the family. Christmas Eve night was church and back to my mom's house for more fun with family.  I had planned to make cookies with her and do the whole plate of cookies and milk for Santa (and carrots for reindeer) even though I knew she wouldn't really understand, but we got home too late and much passed bedtime to do that, so I continue to look forward to starting that tradition with her next year.  Also, after our run in with Santa at the rotary lights (I made her sit on his lap for a picture), she was not exactly happy when I mentioned Santa was coming to her house.  "NOOO".
Christmas day was at home with my parents, my sister, Rachel, and the 3 of us.  My mom, sister, and I are not exactly known for cooking skills, but I think it was a great meal and great day overall!  Irelyn held up really well through all the festivities.  It was great to see her rip into her presents this year, but she didn't really care about what was inside until much later.  It was just present to present and then "more presents" until she finally got distracted by some toys.
 Some of her favorite presents were a real camera (pretty much indestructible) from Great Aunt Sara, a cash register from Mama and Daddy, a puzzle with locks from Santa, and a play kitchen with pizza and fruit from Grandma and Grandpa Mac. Oh, and how could I forget Shrek 3 from Great Grandma!  She was definitely spoiled and has continued to move from toy to toy and loves them all! On Christmas day she left a few unopened so I saved those to take with to Joe's parents on the 27th.  Joe and I also received many great presents and are very thankful for everything.  As we continue to get older and expand are family it is definitely less and less about us and we are just excited to see Irelyn happy and enjoying herself.  The only bummer was Joe's mom was sick so we had to delay our Christmas with them a few days, but it all still turned out great.  Joe had a lot of time off of work and I had a couple extra days as well so we had a lot of nice family time.

















I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!
AND...Happy New Year!
Love to all our friends and family!

And go hug your kids...life is precious....

No comments:

Post a Comment