Tuesday, February 21, 2012

37 weeks!

Well here we are...baby could come at any time and I'm pretty sure we are all as ready as we are going to be.  I thought I wouldn't mind going as long as possible because, well, this may be my last pregnancy (not sure yet) and because it is going to be a whole new challenge to have 2 and not much sleep.  But, I think I am ready to meet this little princess.  I want to hold her and see her.  I want to introduce her to her big sister.
Irelyn is finally starting to get it!  She now calls her old room her baby sister's room and refers to her baby sister frequently.  A week ago she wanted to name the baby, Dennis.  This week it is simply "sister".
I am uncomfortable!  I want my body back.  I want to be able to hold Irelyn on my lap and cuddle without a ball in between us.  I want this rib pain to go away.  I want my bladder back.  I want the heart burn to go away.  And I really really want to wear regular clothes.  I have very little that is comfortable or fits.  I have found a few of Joe's t-shirts I like.  I refuse to buy any more maternity clothes so I pretty much get to wear the same 4-5 shirts and pants over and over and over.
I had an appt. today.  I am measuring a little small now, but I had a different midwife measuring today.  I have gained no weight since my last appt. 2 weeks ago.  I think she is just out of room in there!  Time to come out and grow.  I have gained, at this point, quite a bit less than with Irelyn.  The midwife did say she is head down, low, and I am 1 cm dilated. My personal guess is still at least 2 weeks. 

I wanted to give a quick update that Irelyn does amazing in her room downstairs and I now am completely comfortable with it and actually really like that she is down there.  I feel after she goes to bed I can get more done because I am not as worried about being quiet until she completely falls asleep.  Maybe eventually I will put them both down there ;).
Irelyn is close to 23 months old.  I have been planning her 2nd birthday, because I know I have more time to do it now than after baby.  The date of the party will be decided after the baby is born. 
She is absolutely hilarious and so cute.  She speaks so clearly and I cannot believe some of the things that come out of her mouth.  SO smart.  Memory is amazing.  With being smart she is also figuring out how to be sneaky and naughty.  She will stand behind my back if she is doing something naughty so I can't "see" her.  She also seems to grow sweeter everyday.  She gives countless kisses and hugs.  Says "I love you." 
Her favorite movies are: Shrek 1,2,3, Beauty and the Beast, and Monsters Inc.  Enjoys Elmo, but not as much anymore.  She is really getting into coloring.  Favorite toys are her cash register (which she "cooks" with), magna doodle, a lock puzzle, and her castle (tent).  Her purple blankie is still her comfort item. 
She looks so grown up in this picture

This is getting a little long, so I will stop now.  I just keep thinking about things I want to remember and I know soon I may not have the time.  Thanks for reading my rambles!
 
The 37 week comparisons :)  I think I look bigger with baby #2 for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment