Thursday, March 1, 2012

Our Family Update

Mom-
I am just busy working, growing, getting ready for this baby, and taking care of my little Irelyn.   I am taking a "nesting" day today while Iley is at day care.  Doing last minute things to prepare for baby, some shopping for essentials, and cleaning the house.  It's hard not knowing when things will happen and how much time we will have, especially because we are going to have to figure out, depending on time of day, what to do with Iley.  We of course have people willing to take her, but they have to live their lives too.  I have the bags packed as best as I can for all of us- I think. 
But, I am ready at any time this little lady wants to make her entrance.  I am hoping for sooner rather than later. Since both babies will now officially be born in March I want to (eventually) get a aquamarine ring.
38 weeks


Dad-
Joe got a new job!  And at a much needed time in our lives with the little lady coming.  It's deja vu as he started his last job right after Iley was born. We are very excited for this change as it does not involve any on call, travel, or after hours work! We went out for dinner to celebrate, just the 2 of us because that probably won't happen again for awhile. He plans to start the new job March 26, hopefully that will leave us with plenty of family time after little lady is born.  Other than the job drama, Joe bowls on a lot of Friday nights on his bowling league time.  He also spends free time completing his list (ok maybe it's my list) for him of things to put together before baby arrives.
Getting attacked by Iley's "drum".  Maybe someday he will actually teach her what a baseball bat is.


Iley-
Iley is busy growing and learning new things everyday.  She continues to amaze me with how smart she is.  Seriously, where did that come from? :).  She went to her first circus 2 days ago and was SO cute.  Before it started, you could tell she had no idea what was going on and was a little crabby, but after it started she was clapping and jumping and dancing in her chair.  I wish I could have recorded it.  She did eventually wipe out right around intermission time and was asking to go home.  She was a trooper though considering she has been sick and did not take a good nap that day.  Maybe next year we can ride a horse or elephant! She has started asking me "Mommy? What ya doing?" at random times, even if we are just riding in the car.  Such a sweet girl!
I do worry a little, because she has again been very attached to Mommy lately.  I am hoping it is just the cold and not feeling the best.  Really hoping she is 100% soon so she can meet the baby right away. 
Yes, we had to sit in the second to top row.  Let me tell all those stairs were so fun for this VERY pregnant momma.  Plus carrying her from the parking ramp to the center in the rain...fun.

Before it started, still doesn't know what's going on...

Doggies- her faves

She also continues to talk about the elephants.  Mom's favorite.


Babe E-
Well at over 38 weeks she is making progress to enter this crazy world.  She has mommy 2-3 cms dilated and 50% effaced.  Last week was 1 cm so we are making progress. I have still not been gaining much weight and measure a little small, but they are not worried, because my uterus does continue to grow.  The smaller weight gain is odd to me because when I compare to Iley's pregnancy pictures I think I look bigger.  I will tell you I weigh about 10 pounds less right now than I did with Iley.  I know I don't rest as much as I did during my first pregnancy because I have a toddler, but still seems a little strange to me.  I have contractions often and some are a little uncomfortable.  I feel them in my back, which is a bit of a bummer because I had back labor with Iley and it SUCKED and I was hoping I wouldn't this time, but she is laying in there so similar to Iley that I am now almost sure I will.  We thought we had her name picked out, but changed the middle name last week and THINK we have it finalized now. Sleeping for this momma is terrible.  I am hardly ever comfortable and rolling is one of the most difficult things to do!
We had maternity pictures taken last week and the ones we have seen so far are pretty neat!  I had to get pretty much naked in the 30 degree February weather.  Iley hung out in the car with Grandma Trinie when she wasn't with us and Grandma T said she was so concerned that "Mommy dropped her coat".  SO sweet. 
Anyway...Her room is ready for her, so like I said, anytime would be great!
Her room would be different, but Daddy would not paint.  Which I understood.  The striped took a lot of work and it wasn't that long ago.  So, I worked with what I had and I like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment