Wednesday, June 8, 2011

2 years

This post is 2 days late, but oh well.  Most things happen late these days.

2 years ago on June 6, I married my best friend.  Although we have been married 2 years everytime I brought that up to Joe he would say something to the effect but we've been together so much longer.  He's right, but the day you get married IS a big deal and I don't really want to feel like that was just the day of a ceremony because the act of getting married in my eyes is really a big difference from a "dating" relationship.
So, 2 years later we are still going strong.  We have a house and a dog and a beautiful baby girl.  My vision of happy ever after is all still in tact!
I We had a lot of ideas for how to celebrate. It fell on a Monday this year so that made plans a little difficult.  Last year we stayed in the same hotel suite we stayed in on our wedding night and thought we may do that every year.  And we still might this weekend.  I had to work the 4th and 5th.  I also thought it would be fun to plan a little weekend trip.  I looked up a few places, but we never decided on anything.  We did have 2 grandmas ready to babysit of course, but then Joe informed me last minute he was "on call" and couldn't go out of town. 
I was very impressed with Joe this year though.  He is not known for thinking ahead or being super romantic, but for this celebration he did tell me to be ready at 6 o'clock on Monday night.  He even set up who would watch Irelyn.  I knew nothing else of what we were doing. 
He ended up taking me to Piggy's, the Pearl for ice cream, and a walk through the park to where he proposed.  It was very sweet and I felt bad for doubting his planning. 
We STILL have not watched our wedding video so hopeful we will get to that this week as well.  I wish we would have watched it on Monday, but we just ran out of time.  

I love you, Joe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment