Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sickness Sucks

While my little Irelyn caught another little bug...  I hate it!  I hate that she can't sleep because she is coughing and there is really nothing I can do about it. I hate the snot dripping out of her nose.  I hate bothering her to wipe it.

On the bright side, she has slept a ton in the past few days, so I got to sleep in a little today.  And, I hope that her recent poor eating habits (i.e. only wants to eat fruit and everything else goes on to the floor) is related to her cold. 

I think collectively this winter we have had maybe a grand total of 10-14 days when none of us were sick. Granted a large part of the time it was always ME!  But, that's okay.  I would rather it be me than Irelyn.  But, she has had her fair share.  Joe gets pretty lucky.  I don't know how he does that.  Overall, I remind myself that things could always be MUCH worse and our little family is still extremely blessed to not have any major health issues or other such drama!

In other news, of course Joe got chosen for jury duty.  He is at the trial today.  I haven't heard from him yet.  We were both hoping it would be done by now.  I also thought they would get a lunch break.  Oh well, Iley and I are hanging out. (I am home because it is Wednesday and it is my day off since I went part time at work).  No big plans today since little one is sick.  Just napping and playing.  Out for dinner later for my sisters birthday. Bamboo House is her choice. Haven't decided yet if Iley will join us or stay home with Dad. 

That's all for now- gotta go check on the poor baby coughing through her nap :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment