Friday, March 11, 2011

Sleep is Overrated

I guess I can't complain too much.  Overall Irelyn has been a very good sleeper.  But, this past week...man.  It better not be some weird growth spurt, because she is already tall enough!  And aren't babies suppose to sleep more during a growth spurt?  What is it?  Yesterday she took one 1 hour nap so I thought for sure she would sleep good. Wrong.  Up at 5am.  She laid with me for a little while (she is typically not a cuddly baby, but does like to sleep with me), but wouldn't go to sleep.  I decided she has to learn that it is too early, so I put her back in her crib.  She didn't cry, but she talked and whined a little for awhile and I think finally fell back to sleep a little before 6.  Then, she slept til after 7! So, she was obviously still tires. Ridiculous I say.  She has been up at 5:30 or earlier 4/5 days this week.  And of course this is the week I am doing it all alone because my husband is 5 1/2 hours away on business. 
I know it could be alot worse.  She still sleeps through the night and is typically happy during the day.  I was planning to go out for a little while tonight after she goes to bed.  I doubt I will make it much past 10 o clock.  But, daddy is suppose to come home tonight so he can get up tomorrow.  I've earned that much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment